[Vision2020] Teacher Liberation

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:31:16 EST

-------------------------------1075285876

Three problems I see with this "Plan" to improve education.

1) If you don't have enough teachers as it is now, and need more in the
future, would not raising the qualifications to teach hurt the children more when
they don't have any teachers?

2) If they used a merit based system, wouldn't the most senior teachers be
pushing to get the gifted students so they get paid more? Who would want to
teach special education?

 3) Does it really require a Higher College degree to teach elementary school
when they are only learning basic skills that anyone with a lower college
degree can teach?

It seems to me they are trying to place the failure of parents and society to
raise thechildren solely on teachers. It takes a village to raise a child.
Not just one teacher 6 hours a day five days a week making 24-40K a year.
Society either needs to put time and energy into raising their OWN children OR give
teachers all the resources they need to do it for them. It seems as though the
parents want the state to take care of their children for them while they go
off to work and complain about having to spend money on taxes.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1075285876

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Three problems I see with this "Plan" to improve education.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1) If you don't have enough teachers as it is now, and need more in the=
 future, would not raising the qualifications to teach hurt the children mor=
e when they don't have any teachers?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2)&nbsp;If they used a merit&nbsp;based system, wouldn't the most senio=
r teachers be pushing to get the&nbsp;gifted students so they get paid more?=
 Who would want to teach special education? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;3) Does it really require a Higher College degree to teach elemen=
tary school when they are only learning basic skills that anyone with a lowe=
r college degree can teach?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It seems to me they are trying to&nbsp;place the failure of parents and=
 society to raise thechildren solely on teachers. It takes a village to rais=
e a child. Not just one teacher 6 hours a day five days a week&nbsp;making 2=
4-40K a year. Society either needs to put time and&nbsp;energy into raising=20=
their OWN children OR give teachers all the resources they need to do it for=
 them. It seems as though the parents want the state to take care of their c=
hildren for them while they go off to work and complain about having to spen=
d money on taxes. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>