[Vision2020] Boycotts, pots, and kettles

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:02:55 -0800

Just in case my previous post gave you all impression that I've come down
with a bad case of nice . . .

On this list and elsewhere, Doug Wilson has complained about a perceived
boycott of Christ Church businesses.  Nate Wilson has complained.  Ben
Merkle has complained.  Greg Dickison has complained.  Gary Greenfield, the
owner of Bucer's and the Greenfield Coffee Drive-Thru, arranged for his
aggrieved mug to be plastered across the Daily News, the Argonaut, and the
Evergreen, complaining bitterly about lost business.  And now, thanks to
Saundra's research, we learn that this very same Gary Greenfield organized
not one but two fully-fledged, out and out, highly publicized boycotts of
businesses down in Lewiston.  He organized these boycotts, and Doug
supported him.

If I were obliged to choose a single word to describe myself, I wouldn't
pick naïve, but the fact that I'm amazed by this hypocrisy suggests that I
need to get to know myself better.  I need to take me out, buy me a drink,
and have a nice, long talk with me.  Maybe over a cup of coffee at . . .
someplace that sells Playboy.  Sorry, Bucer's.  While I'm not a fan of
girlie magazines, and I never buy Playboy, not even for the articles, I do
believe it's better to be bare-assed than two-faced.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment