[Vision2020] What if..

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:43:50 -0800

Ben Twigg (whose email name I always read as Bent Wigg, which is just silly)
remarks:

>I think these are great questions that deserve further
>attention/discussion. I would love to hear responses
>from both sides of the aisle. What common ground do
>these individuals have? Under what circumstances would
>they cast aside their differences and join forces?

And I hasten to point out that there aren't just two sides to any
conversation.  When the discussion gets heated, we rush to make a neat line
down the middle--as when one of the several Ednas says, in effect,"I'll only
post once a day if those liberals will do the same," or Mike Lawyer suggests
that the fight is between pagans and Christians.

But in the cathedral of our talk, it's not just decani, aisle, and cantoris.
  Some of us are liberal Anabaptists; some of us are left-handed vegetarian
libertarians; some of us hate politics *and* theology; some of us have
winches, chains, and four-wheel drive.  Let's get some nuance back in the
conversation before the cabin fever we've succumbed to leaves us with an
aetheric axe buried in every back and a chilly wind blowing through the
Overlook Hotel that is Moscow in wintertime.

Redrum, forsooth!

Melynda Huskey