[Vision2020] Questions for Wison

Nicholas Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:12:40 -0700

Greetings:

I'm out of town again, so I have sent these questions for moderator Mike Hayes to ask Doug Wilson on the upcoming radio program.

Hi Mike,

I'm down here in Cabo San Lucas for a winter break and it looks as if I will miss yet another Wilson event.  If there is a loll in questions from the radio audience, I would like to submit the following questions.  Use your discretion, but I hope that you ask at least one of them.

1. Mr. Wilson, can you tell us which of R. L. Dabney's positions you reject and those that you affirm?  In particular, I'm thinking of his positions on the education of African Americans, women's suffrage, and his view that some white people are superior to others.

2. Mr. Wilson, Greg Dickison has a regular column in your journal Credenda Agenda.  At least two of these columns state that there ought to be biblical punishments for all crimes, and he uses the Bible to call for the execution of homosexuals.  He states that the Bible supports slavery, but does not make the relativistic claims that you do with regard to its abolition.  Why have you not written to object to positions that you now appear to reject?  Sorry for the long question!

3.  Would you be willing to take the Confederate flag that was once displayed in your office and ask Doug Jones, George Grant, and Steve Wilkins to burn it in front of the SUB during your "history" conference?

Thanks.

Nick Gier