[Vision2020] Dear Mr. Van Deventer

Edna Wilmington ednawilmgtn@yahoo.com
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 07:44:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Van Deventer,

As I said, I've been reading everything written by
that bloke Wilson, and I've just come across a most
disturbing quote.  In "A Serrated Edge," Mr. Wilson
paraphrases the Lord Jesus to have said, "It's not
right to give perfectly good white folk food to
'niggers.'"

Mr. Wilson argues that "Jesus was not above using
ethnic humor to make His point. . . . Jesus was using
a racial insult to make a point. . . He was simply
using a racial insult." ("A Serrated Edge" p. 43, 44)

Now we know that Mr. Wilson cannot be a racist, for
he's told us so.  But we're dismayed that he believes
the Lord Jesus Christ belongs on the notorious list of
north Idahoans known for their use of the "N" word.
According to Mr. Wilson, the Son of God shares company
with a dirty cop and a gang of skinheads.

Well, I noticed in post dated 4 November 2003 (I'm
still catching up!) that you said you adopted black
daughters and Mr. Wilson baptised them.  There will be
no football today, so in your extra time could you
please explain to me (and the Forum Members) if you
agree with Mr. Wilson's translation of the Bible?

If so, how do you instruct your black daughters on
this subject?  Do you use racial insults to make
points with them?  Have you ever addressed them with
the "N" word?  (Oh, dear, I hope not!)

Off to church!

Edna Wilmington