[Vision2020] University of Idaho

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:48:58 EST

-------------------------------1074786538

Visionaries,
Carl is correct that I have expressed concern about recent financial issues
at the University.  Despite those problems I would like to be perfectly clear
that what ever self-aggrandizing hubris was behind the Boise Place decision, it
has nothing to do with my support for my former colleagues, family, and
friends and the extraordinary faculty who work at UI.  In fact, I suggest that
there is about the same degree of separation between them and the *suits* who
thought *they* ran UI and the congregation of Christ Church and the elders and
pastor who lay down the law, and write humiliating letters to the governor.

Since 1954, when my father joined the Mechanical Engineering faculty, to
today, our family has had a continuous bond to UI.  I am proud to have gone to
school and to have worked there.  And I am not confused about where the
university draws its real strength, and who, in fact really enables the university to
serve the state of Idaho.  Hint: it is not the bureaucrats sitting in private
offices in the Ad Building.

Is there a lesson in this for Christ Church?  Even the most arrogant CC
leaders ought to be able to get it.

Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1074786538

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Visionaries,</DIV>
<DIV>Carl is correct that I have expressed concern about recent financial is=
sues at the University.&nbsp; Despite those problems I would like to be perf=
ectly clear that what ever self-aggrandizing hubris was behind the Boise Pla=
ce decision, it has nothing to do with my support for&nbsp;my former colleag=
ues, family,&nbsp;and friends and the extraordinary faculty&nbsp;who work at=
 UI.&nbsp; In fact, I suggest that there is about the same degree of separat=
ion between them and the *suits* who thought&nbsp;*they* ran UI and the cong=
regation of Christ Church and the elders and pastor who lay down the law, an=
d write humiliating letters to the governor.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Since 1954, when my father joined the Mechanical Engineering faculty,&n=
bsp;to today, our family has had a continuous bond to UI.&nbsp; I am proud t=
o have gone to school&nbsp;and to have worked there.&nbsp;&nbsp;And I am not=
 confused about where the university draws its real strength, and who, in fa=
ct really&nbsp;enables the university&nbsp;to serve the state of Idaho.&nbsp=
; Hint: it is not the bureaucrats sitting in private offices in the Ad Build=
ing.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is there a lesson in this for Christ Church?&nbsp; Even the most arroga=
nt CC leaders ought to be able to get it.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV></BODY></HTML>