[Vision2020] Political question

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:52:38 -0800

Carl asks:

>This question for my fellow Democratic leaning scoundrels, not to mention
>rounders and bounders.  What about John Kerry?  Could he be the right
>candidate to unseat Dubya?

Why not?  Dubya is demonstrably weak on domestic issues, and John Kerry is
well-qualified to challenge him on those and on his supposed strong suits,
Iraq, the war on terrorism, and foreign policy.  In his speech last night
after winning the Iowa caucuses, Kerry also pointed out that he can explain
to Bush what it's like to be on an aircraft carrier for real.  Perhaps I've
been watching too much Lord of the Rings, but I'm thinking that standing
next to a decorated Aragorn might reveal George Bush's inner Gollum.

BTW, there's a great article in Salon (www.salon.com) today by James K.
Galbraith about job losses under Bush.  It details the flaws/dangers in
Bush's guest worker plans, the reasons why well-paid manufacturing jobs
won't be coming back on the GOP's watch, and why employment stagnation might
suit those currently in power.

So, although I'm a Dean supporter, I would be quite happy with a
Kerry-Edwards or a Kerry-Clark ticket.

Democrat to the Bone,
Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment