[Vision2020] RE: LOS aka Lost Our Slaves (Yes, this is long, but packed with info and li

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:43:46 -0800

Mike Lawyer stated:

"It seems that many of you are unable to distinguish without separating. For
example last week you told me that rape was not a sexual crime because it
was a violent crime."

If you recall from last week, I stated (or, at minimum, strongly implied)
that there are at least two types of rape (three, if you count statutory
rape); date (or acquaintance) rape which I consider to be a crime of sexual
impulse and/or gratification and the violent, physically confrontational
"lie in wait" variety of rape which (to me) is an act of control.

I would also like to know how you would "distinguish" one act from another
without "separating it".  Or is that too simple?

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

"Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of
hope."

Robert F. Kennedy
(1925-1968, American Attorney General, Senator)