[Vision2020] Nudity and Christianity revisited

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:20:16 -0800

Robert,

You may be very right.

When I was in high school some of the daughters of the local religious
professional were discreetly, but very, very generous with their sexual
favors.

Some of the anti-gay messages posted on this forum, appearing in letters to
the editor, and being spewed from certain local pulpits would lead one to
believe that most of these anti-gay, anti-nudity, so-called pundits are
suffering from extraordinarily severe cases of reaction formation****.

Also, one wonders if these same pundits' conjugal relations are so otiose
and dull that they must titillate themselves by contemplating and
fantasizing about what goes on in other people's bedrooms, using their
superstitious beliefs as a cover for their more natural impulses of
curiosity and sexual gratification.

****reaction formation   n.
A psychological defense mechanism by which an objectionable impulse is
expressed in an opposite or contrasting behavior.
[American Heritage Dictionary]

Wayne Fox