[Vision2020] A Liberal World

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:07:28 -0800

This is getting strange, and it's all my fault.  I made a (very) small joke
about an ideal, liberal topless world, and, like Topsy, this has just
growed.  As Yogi would say, this is deja vu all over again.  Some different
names, but this is a rerun of the infamous, topless summer of 2002.   I'm
not sure how my particular church, that being The Church of Pure Liberty,
wherein we worship golf, comes down on public nudity.  Seeing as how I am
thus far the only participating member, I'll have to figure this one out.  I
do admit, it could cause some unfair distractions while putting out.  That's
putting out, as in on the golf green, as opposed to "putting out".

                                  Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: "Mike Lawyer" <mike_l@moscow.com>
>To: <vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] A Liberal World
>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:28:19 -0800
>
>This is getting kind of strange.
>

>It sounds like a few of you think rape is not a sexual act. This is a
>different topic than a liberal world. How can rape not be sexual?
>

>I know and agree that it is a violent act. I'm not disputing you here.
>

>I'm wondering how you can think that it is not also a sexual act?
>

>Ted wrote: ".I think it rather incredible someone could come to sanction
>this act based on any logical principle involved in the belief that there
>is
>nothing morally wrong with the simple sight of our bodies."
>

>Perhaps you have forgotten the fact that 100 years ago folks would think it
>incredible that women would want to wash their cars with their tops off or
>that others would think a law against public nudity was foolish.
>

>Also, on the same subject I remember when I was a boy that the goal of a
>date with a young woman was to see if she would let you kiss her. We called
>it "getting to first base." Now, it is not uncommon to assume that a steak
>dinner warrants "sleeping with the girl."
>

>I can't believe that you don't see that the social and sexual morals of our
>country are not changing. The liberals seem to see this change as progress.
>I see it as degradation and moral decline.
>

>Maybe someone who agrees that this is progress can share how they come to
>this conclusion.
>

>Thanks for listening.
>

>Mike Lawyer
>

>   _____

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com