[Vision2020] A Liberal World

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:59:36 -0800

Mike writes:

>Perhaps this explains why running around with your top off to wash cars is
>good thing (it goes against all those stodgy conservatives townies) and why
>raping those same topless women is a bad thing (even though the next
>generation of liberals might think that a perfectly good thing).

Here's an explanation that makes sense on *this* planet.  When some local
women decided to wash cars without shirts on, they were making a completely
legal decision (at that time, anyway) about *their own bodies.*  If someone
were to have raped one of those women, he would have been committing an
illegal act of sexual violence against someone else.  There's no similarity
between the two situations at all.

I apparently also need to note that not wearing a shirt is not the same
thing as consenting to sex.

Of course, the unspoken core of Mike's argument (and quite a lot of Joshua's
too) is that women's bodies, and their sexuality, must be concealed because
men can't possibly  control themselves.  What a demeaning and horrific
vision of both men and women.

Melynda Huskey

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime