[Vision2020] RE: A (Boring) Liberal World

Joshua Nieuwsma joshuahendrik@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:37:10 -0800 (PST)

--0-2134414402-1074202630=:70516

Again, visionaries, not looking to have any debate, so don't expect any response emails to questions (unless sent offlist). Just some comments on this "A Liberal World" string. Seems to me that a world where naked breasts and buttocks are a common sight is a world where sexuality no longer has any mystique. The liberal way removes the beauty of the naked human body, because it makes it common. The liberal way is even worse than the way of the Renaissance, who for all their problems at least elevated the body in beautiful artwork. They saw it as beautiful and special, even if they stared too much at other men's wives on the wall... If Da Vinci had made as many paintings as Thomas Kinkade, no doubt they would be worth far less than they currently are. Mankind naturally values that which is rare, such as the woman of Proverbs (a merchant, a seamstress, a real estate agent, a wife, a mother, and honored highly by her husband- definitely a rarity in this egalitarian culture). Per!
 haps
 "less embarassment towards sexuality" should be understood this way: Boring as plain cream pudding. Where's the mystery on one's wedding night with your bride if you've already seen her body in the local swimming pool? The biblical Christian is open about sexuality, because Scripture is. He is not afraid to use sexual terms when appropriate because God does so, and he is certainly not afraid of the God-designed pleasures in the sexual life experienced by a man and his wife. God makes it very clear that marriage is physical union between one man and one woman in covenant with each other and God. But openness about human sexuality is completely different than the current thoughts by Mr. Nick Gier et al, who would rather demean sexuality to the commonness enjoyed by the art of sleeping. Sleep is so common and so easy to do that most of us don't think twice about it. Gier wants the human body to be given precisely the same level of honor. In his world, there would be no arousal!
  at the
 sight of a female breast because it would be commonplace and unimportant. However, sexuality should be hidden, veiled, protected, because it is a garden, a masterpiece. There should be sexual tension, there should be desire, there should be a love-lust, there should be in every married man's heart an obsession with his wife's body. There can be none of that in the world that Mr. Gier advocates. In short, the liberal world is a boring place, a place where beauty is just as valued as ugliness, where truth is just as fascinating as falsehood, where the wedding night is no different than a casual coed volleyball game in the nude with Eminem blasting through the nearby dorm windows.

I feel like starting another "Not in our town" campaign. The motto: "Treat Sex like it was the last Da Vinci". The goals: "To teach the value and beauty and mystery and importance of the marriage bed to every person; To protect society from the destructive ideals of those who would attack sexuality and make it so much dirt under their worldview's tires; To guard the beauty of the female body from those who would demean it by prohibiting it from being obscenely displayed in society; To teach every man to be obsessed with his wife's body; To teach every woman to be obscessed with her husband's body; To protect society from diseases by teaching the beauty of the lifelong heterosexual marriage covenant." The Modus Operandi: "Preach the Gospel of repentance and faith and life in Jesus Christ to Moscow, ID." But I won't. Because even though it would be way more "tolerant" than the current schizophrentic "not in our town" campaign, campaigns are not the way God works in human socie!
 ty. The
 Gospel is not just another "campaign for life-saving values." So I'll just continue living a Christian life, walking with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and occasionally making comments about the boring and humanly demeaning way of life professed by some on this forum.

cheers,

Joshua Nieuwsma
-U of I student-

--0-2134414402-1074202630=:70516

<DIV>Again, visionaries, not looking to have any debate, so don't expect any response emails to questions (unless sent offlist). Just some comments on this "A Liberal World" string. Seems to me that a world where naked breasts and buttocks are a common sight is a world where sexuality no longer has any mystique. The liberal way removes the beauty of the naked human body, because it makes it common. The liberal way is even worse than the way of the Renaissance, who for all their problems at least elevated the&nbsp;body in beautiful artwork. They&nbsp;saw it as beautiful and special, even if they stared too much at other men's wives on the wall...&nbsp;If Da Vinci had made as many paintings as Thomas Kinkade, no doubt&nbsp;they would be worth far less than they currently are. Mankind naturally&nbsp;values that which is&nbsp;rare,&nbsp;such as the woman of Proverbs (a merchant, a seamstress, a real estate agent, a wife, a mother, and honored highly by her husband- definitely a !
 rarity in
 this egalitarian culture).&nbsp;Perhaps "less embarassment towards sexuality" should be understood&nbsp;this way: Boring as&nbsp;plain cream&nbsp;pudding.&nbsp;Where's the mystery on&nbsp;one's wedding night&nbsp;with your bride if you've already seen her body in the local swimming pool?&nbsp;The biblical Christian is open about sexuality, because Scripture is. He is not afraid to use sexual terms when appropriate because God does so, and he is certainly not afraid of the God-designed pleasures in the sexual life experienced by a man and his wife. God makes it very clear that marriage is physical union between one man and one woman in covenant with each other and God. But openness about&nbsp;human&nbsp;sexuality is completely different than the current thoughts by Mr. Nick Gier et al, who would rather demean sexuality to the commonness enjoyed by the art of sleeping. Sleep is so common and so easy to do that most of us don't think twice about it. Gier wants&nbsp;the human b!
 ody to be
 given precisely the same level of honor. In his world, there would be no arousal at the sight of a female&nbsp;breast because it would be commonplace and unimportant.&nbsp;However, sexuality should be hidden, veiled, protected, because it is a garden, a masterpiece. There should be sexual tension, there should be desire, there should be a love-lust, there should be in every married man's heart an obsession with his wife's body. There can be none of that in the world that&nbsp;Mr. Gier advocates. In short, the liberal world is a boring place, a place where beauty is just as valued as ugliness, where truth is just as fascinating as falsehood, where the wedding night is no different than a casual coed volleyball game in the nude with Eminem blasting through&nbsp;the nearby&nbsp;dorm windows. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I feel like starting another "Not in our town" campaign. The motto: "Treat Sex like it was the last Da Vinci". The goals: "To teach the value and beauty and mystery&nbsp;and importance of the marriage bed to every&nbsp;person; To protect society from the destructive ideals of those who would attack sexuality and make it so much dirt under their worldview's tires; To guard the beauty of the female body from those who would demean it by prohibiting it from being obscenely displayed in society; To teach every man to be obsessed with his wife's body; To teach every woman to be obscessed with her husband's body; To protect society from diseases by teaching the beauty of the lifelong heterosexual marriage covenant." The Modus Operandi: "Preach the Gospel of repentance and faith&nbsp;and life in Jesus Christ to Moscow, ID." But I won't. Because even though it would be way more "tolerant" than the current schizophrentic&nbsp;"not in our town" campaign, campaigns are not the way!
  God
 works in human society. The Gospel is not&nbsp;just another "campaign for life-saving values."&nbsp;So I'll just continue living a Christian life, walking with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and occasionally making comments about the boring&nbsp;and humanly demeaning way of life professed by some on this forum. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joshua Nieuwsma</DIV>
<DIV>-U of I student-</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Hotjobs: <a href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/mail_footer_email/evt=21482/*http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus">Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes</a>
--0-2134414402-1074202630=:70516--