[Vision2020] Reading Suggestions

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:48:59 EST

-------------------------------1073663339

Dear Visionaries:
I didn't realize that Jack's note to me suggesting beverages and reading
material as an antidote to the Oz like land I find myself in was a public 20/20
post.  Therefore, I will share my response to him in an open venue.

"Hi Jack,
Thanks for your suggestions, but I don't drink alcohol and have been reading
a book all day - George Grant's curious work entitled " Legislating
Immorality."  (purchased on Amazon Used Books for the almost fair price of $O.39)  Have
to say it is unusual - and not very scholarly - to repeatedly reference one's
own work.

I know you to be a bright and perceptive man, and so I offer a reading
suggestion to you.  Take a look a Proverbs 6: 16-19 and see if any pastor you know
comes to mind.
Take care,
Rose"

For those of you who don't have a bible handy Prov. 16-19 offers the
following admonition:

 "There are six things which the Lord hates,
seven which are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
a false witness who breathes out lies,
and a man who sows discord among brothers."
     The Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version, The World Publishing Company,
1962

-------------------------------1073663339

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Dear Visionaries:</DIV>
<DIV>I didn't realize that Jack's note to me suggesting beverages and readin=
g material as an antidote to the Oz like land I find myself in was a public=20=
20/20 post.&nbsp; Therefore, I will share my response to him in an open venu=
e.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>"Hi Jack,</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for your suggestions,&nbsp;but I don't drink alcohol and have be=
en reading a book all day - George Grant's&nbsp;curious&nbsp;work entitled "=
 <EM>Legislating&nbsp; Immorality.</EM>"&nbsp; (purchased on Amazon Used Boo=
ks for the almost fair price of $O.39)&nbsp;&nbsp;Have to say it is&nbsp;unu=
sual - and not very scholarly -&nbsp;to repeatedly reference one's&nbsp;own=20=
work.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I know&nbsp;you to be a&nbsp;bright and perceptive man, and so I offer=20=
a reading suggestion to you.&nbsp; Take a look a Proverbs 6: 16-19 and see i=
f any pastor you know comes to mind.</DIV>
<DIV>Take care, </DIV>
<DIV>Rose"</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For those of you who don't have a bible handy Prov. 16-19 offers the fo=
llowing admonition:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;"There are six things which the Lord hates,</DIV>
<DIV>seven which are an abomination to him:</DIV>
<DIV>haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,</DIV>
<DIV>a heart that devises wicked plans,</DIV>
<DIV>feet that make haste to run to evil,</DIV>
<DIV>a false witness who breathes out lies,</DIV>
<DIV>and a man who sows discord among brothers."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version, The=20=
World Publishing Company, 1962</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>