[Vision2020] Leaflets and Silence

Rob Keenan benjamin_barker@hotmail.com
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 05:52:17 -0800

And let us not forget:

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an
inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny.
Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."
- Martin Luther King Jr., letter from the Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Or perhaps this:

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the
pursuit of justice is no virtue."
- Barry Goldwater

I agree with Rose that it's not unliberal to stand for liberty and justice
for all, not just a privileged group (whether minority or majority). In
fact, preserving and defending the rights of all people would seem to be a
pretty *American* trait -- not just some cockamamie bleeding-heart liberal
claptrap.