[Vision2020] creating tolerance

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:40:15 EST

-------------------------------1073583615

In a message dated 1/8/2004 9:19:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
london@moscow.com writes:
What should the city of Moscow do to be open and welcoming to diversity?
Should the Moscow City government clearly condemn the antigay,
pro-slavery, Neo-Confederate views of Christ Church officials--OR--in
the name of tolerance should the city support all political views and
take no stand regarding their Neo-Confederate influence?
I don't think the government should ever condemn or promote a church. Rather
I think the city should simply take views that are open and inclusive. If
those policies happen to complement or contradict the views of a Church in the
community, so be it.

Although I dislike much of what (Un)Christ Church has to say, it is not all
bad. It does do some good. I don't want them to stop doing the good stuff, just
the bad stuff.

It would be a big mistake, and I think unconstitutional, for the City of
Moscow to start taking official opinions on Churches.

I would, of course, endorse and support changes in the City of Moscow laws
and city ordinances to be more inclusive and in taking steps to be more
proactive fighting discrimination in Moscow.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1073583615

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/8/2004 9:19:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, london@mo=
scow.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>What should the city of Moscow do to be open a=
nd welcoming to diversity?<BR>Should the Moscow City government clearly cond=
emn the antigay, <BR>pro-slavery, Neo-Confederate views of Christ Church off=
icials--OR--in <BR>the name of tolerance should the city support all politic=
al views and <BR>take no stand regarding their Neo-Confederate influence?</F=
ONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>I don't think the government should ever condemn or promote a church. R=
ather I think the city should simply take views that are open and inclusive.=
 If those policies happen to&nbsp;complement or&nbsp;contradict the views of=
 a Church in the community, so be it. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Although I dislike much of what (Un)Christ Church has to say, it is not=
 all bad. It does do some good. I don't want them to stop doing the good stu=
ff, just the bad stuff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It would be a big&nbsp;mistake, and I think unconstitutional, for the C=
ity of Moscow to start taking official opinions on Churches. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would, of course, endorse and support changes in the City of Moscow l=
aws and city ordinances to be more inclusive and in taking steps to be&nbsp;=
more proactive&nbsp;fighting discrimination&nbsp;in Moscow.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>