[Vision2020] Public Defender Religious Issues

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:50:54 -0800

Debbie Gray stated:

"How different would it be if this were an Islamic public defender? A
lesbian Mormon public defender (now talk about a minority!)? A black atheist
public defender? A transgendered Wicken public defender?"

I have absolutley no qualms with representation by any of the above.
However, if any of the above were to openly advocate the execution of
homosexuals, non-believers, and disobedient children
(http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm), or profoundly promote
theocracy while demeaning civil government
(http://www.credenda.org/issues/8-5magistralis.php), while being paid with
my tax dollar, I would require accountability no less than that required of
our education system.

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

Work like you don't need the money.