[Vision2020] Christ Church, "not on the Palouse....." and who ever else really cares.

matt matt@moscowland.com
Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:19:04 -0800

I, like many have been watching and listening from the wings on this debate.
I must say that I am surprised of what I have heard from both sides.

I did not expect to hear (read) the things that Mr. Dickinson has had attributed to him, nor did I expect to witness some of the incoherent babbling and name calling that I have from some of the communities more educated people. I have known for some time Mr. Wilson is not worth listening to.
I do not intend to voice my opinion or view points in this public forum, but rather to a carefully selected few that I know well. (good advise for the rest of you)

The only message I would like to convey is the same one being "preached" from both sides of the isle.
The message of patience and tolerance.
Not of each other, but of yourselves.  Trust yourself know your own heart, trust yourself to teach your children the difference between right and wrong and above all else trust God to deal with those who do not.

Those of you who call yourselves "atheists", please. Do you really understand the meaning of the word? Let me site the obvious, it means to NOT believe. To know there is no "supreme being". To blindly, and without proof believe in your heart there is nothing. There is another word for that. Its called Faith. Atheism is the religion of nothing. To practice and believe in nothing. Its hard work to believe in nothing, and personally I dont think you can do it.

With that said, I have grave concerns about the "not on the Palouse, not ever" crowd. Whats next.
People with blue hair,
Boys with ear rings,
Girls that kiss other girls,
or just anyone with a different idea.

In case you forgot this nation was founded on religious freedom and the rights of men (and weman) to be free and secure in themselves.

Thomas Pain once said that no man is truly free if he is unwilling to fight for the freedom of another man.

I am willing to fight and to send my sons if necessary, to preserve the right of Doug Wilson and his group to continue to be wrong. That goes for the rest of you too.

P.S. Dont bother to correct my grammer, cause I dont care