[Vision2020] Top 12 Reasons Gays Should be Prevented from Getting Married

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:23:47 EST

-------------------------------1077740627

Subject: Top 12 Reasons Homosexuals Shouldn't Marry

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, aluminum
beer cans, and birth control.

2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile
couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more
children.

3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children-- since straight parents
only raise straight children.

4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage is allowed.
Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful, and fully
represented that "sacred institution between man and woman," which we must protect.

5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at
all; women remain property of the man, blacks aren't allowed to marry whites,
and getting a divorce is illegal.

6. Gay marriage shouldn't be decided by people, but should be decided by the
President because majority-elected politicians have always historically
protected the rights of all minorities.

7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the
values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have
only one religion in America.

8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging
around tall people will make you tall.

9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and
can sign a marriage contract.

10. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at
home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage
has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms
because we haven't adapted to things like cars, longer lifespans, or even
interracial schools.

12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a
different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always
constitutional. For example, separate schools, restaurants, bathrooms, and
drinking fountains for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages
for gays and lesbians will.

-------------------------------1077740627

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffcc"><I><B><SMALL><FONT face=3D"American=
 Typewriter" size=3D2>Subject: Top 12 Reasons Homosexuals Shouldn't Marry<BR=
><BR></FONT></SMALL><SMALL><FONT face=3D"American Typewriter" size=3D2>1. Ho=
mosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, aluminum beer c=
ans, and birth control. <BR></FONT></SMALL></B></I><FONT face=3D"American Ty=
pewriter"><I><B><SMALL><BR><FONT size=3D2>2. Heterosexual marriages are vali=
d because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't lega=
lly get married because the world needs more children. <BR><BR>3. Obviously,=
 gay parents will raise gay children-- since straight parents only raise str=
aight children. <BR><BR>4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay=20=
marriage is allowed. Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meani=
ngful, and fully represented that "sacred institution between man and woman,=
" which we must protect. <BR><BR>5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a=20=
long time and hasn't changed at all; women remain property of the man, black=
s aren't allowed to marry whites, and getting a divorce is illegal. <BR><BR>=
6. Gay marriage shouldn't be decided by people, but should be decided by the=
 President because majority-elected politicians have always historically pro=
tected the rights of all minorities. <BR><BR>7. Gay marriage is not supporte=
d by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are impo=
sed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.=20=
<BR><BR>8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way tha=
t hanging around tall people will make you tall. <BR><BR>9. Legalizing gay m=
arriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even w=
ish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marr=
iage contract. <BR><BR>10. Children can never succeed without a male and a f=
emale role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise c=
hildren. <BR><BR>11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Het=
erosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt=
 to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars, longer=20=
lifespans, or even interracial schools.<BR><BR>12. Civil unions, providing m=
ost of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, becau=
se a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. For example,=
 separate schools, restaurants, bathrooms, and drinking fountains for Africa=
n-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians=20=
will. </FONT></SMALL></B></I><BR></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000></DIV></FONT><=
/BODY></HTML>