[Vision2020] Amendments

David Douglas ddouglas@pacsim.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:39:03 -0500

 Tom and visionaries,

First, I guess my recent history is a little fuzzy, so yes, could you
provide links?

Second, are you saying you are a strong supporter of women's rights only if
you support the ERA?

I'm curious, also.  In my reading of the constitution (which may not be
correct) the president has no active, constitutionally assigned role in the
amendment process.  That is he can't stop the amendment process by a veto or
something like that.  Can anyone tell me if I am incorrect on this score.

Best,

--
David Douglas

-----Original Message-----
From: thansen@moscow.com [mailto:thansen@moscow.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:38 AM
To: David Douglas
Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Amendments

Check your recent history, Mr. Douglas.

President Reagan claimed to have been a strong supporter for equal rights
for
women.

In 1985 (I think it was '85), the House and Senate passed the ERA in spite
of
Reagan's attempts to quash it.  Thirty-six of the needed thirty-eight states
ratified it.  Result:  No Amendment.

Now.  Do you remember.  Or should I provide you links?

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not
Ever

           http://www.fsr.net/