[Vision2020] Macho Culture

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:41:08 -0800

Mr. Newsome:

Nothing macho about it.  I've never been in the military, but if I were
to join I would imagine that all that weapons training during basic
would be for *some* reason.

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Amy & Richard Newsome
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 11:23 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Macho Culture

Mr. Carscallen,

You wrote:

Isn't the main purpose of a military to kill enemies and break their
things?

DC

I understand this kind of macho rhetoric is currently in vogue in
conservative circles, but it seems so simpleminded. It's especially
disturbing given the deaths occurring on a daily basis in Iraq.  It's
been my experience that people who say/write things like that have deep
insecurities, but that's not you of course.  I'm sure you'll impress us
all with your daring service under fire, killing enemies and breaking
things.

Richard Newsome