[Vision2020] the shrill get shriller

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:27:03 -0800

Ben Merkle wrote:
"How does one respond to Mr. Fox?"

Well, my suggestion is that you follow the long-standing tradition of your
Christ Church/Wilson World compatriots:  why don't you just boycott Mr.
Fox's posts if you find them objectionable?

There you go:  a project!  You folks have organized and participated in more
boycotts than any other local group I'm aware of, so that should be right up
your alley  ;-)

Ben Merkle also wrote:
"Try humor Wayne. Try irony. . . Where's the wit? . . . Of course this isn't
surprising, since secularism always goes shrill when you poke it. But in the
Heart of the Arts we expected a little creativity or cleverness to go with
the shrill."

I guess I could say the same thing about your sad little Hate Splotch.
Where *is* the humor?  I had such high hopes because I know some of you
scoundrels do have some real wit.  Then, I checked it out and was so
disappointed.  And, to show the optimistic fool(!) I am, I've kept checking
back hoping against hope . . . to no avail.  So sad, so very very sad.

As for cleverness & creativity, those, too, are lacking in your Hate
Splotch.  But, I don't guess I should expect creativity from a cult that
trots out the same old tired phrases and examples time & time again.  They
didn't work -- and weren't cleaver or creative -- the first time around, and
they've simply become more shrill each time they are trotted out again.

But, in the interest of trying to provide you with some humor, which you
seem to be craving and are so clearly lacking yourself, I'll leave you with
this.

During the London/Wilson debate, one of the questions (I'm paraphrasing)
asked was what each would like Moscow to look like 30-50 years from now.
Douglas Wilson's response (again, I'm paraphrasing) was that he'd like
Moscow to be like it was 10 years ago.

Now, here's the humor:  a decade ago, Wilson wasn't happy with our
community, either!  He & his followers were the Kings and Queens of the
Boycott.  Feminism was a "reigning error."  Legal abortion was an
abomination.  Idaho needed a third political party, and Wilson tried his
best to start one.  Prop 1 (the anti-gay rights initiative) received his
outspoken support because he viewed it as a "preventative measure."  He was
insulting the way others chose to worship and named the UI Campus Christian
Center as a culprit.  And, he was no happier with the UI (which he termed as
"a regionally known dumping ground for your tax dollars") then than now.

Then:
- "I bring you tidings from the strange land of the University of Idaho,
which is a regionally known dumping ground for your tax dollars."
AND
- The UI "Thought Police" were running a Christian out of his job.
AND
- "A few weeks ago, I wrote about *another* outbreak of liberal "tolerance"
at the University of Idaho."
[Note: emphasis is mine.  SL]

Now:
- "I am sure you are very busy men, and that you have better things to do
than put out fires that have been started by your own diversity office."
AND
-"A controversy has been boiling here in Moscow for the last several months,
a good deal of it resting on the back of inaccurate and defamatory material
that is being circulated against us and out ministries here in Moscow.  Some
of this is the result of the incompetence of the Daily News, but the driving
force behind the controversy is coming from certain offices at the
University of Idaho.  What it boils down to is that the diversity police are
after us. . . in the current climate, for anyone up there at the University
of Enron to set themselves up as moral arbiters is a bit thick. . . But I am
asking that the UI be removed as the base from which they launch their
mortar rounds.  I am also asking that the Office of Diversity apologize to
us and to the public for this gross misuse of the resources of a public
university."

So, why does Wilson want Moscow to go back a decade?!?!  He wasn't any
happier with our community or the UI then than he is now.

The only genuine difference I can think of (other than the size of the flock
worshiping a wolf in sheep's clothing) is that he was still sneaky enough to
be flying below the radar of most, so we didn't know what his political
agenda was.  We didn't know that his religious agenda included a burning
desire for a theocratic government; we didn't know he wanted to have his
followers on the City Council, County Commissioners, and school board; we
didn't know he'd have his theocratic minion "defending" indigent criminals
on the taxpayer's dime, thus further lining the church's coffers; we didn't
know that he would attack local businesses and authorities in the
furtherance of his overriding desire for theocracy.

And, we *sure* didn't know that he was going to write an absolutely
nauseating defense of Southern slavery!

Nor did we know he was going to successfully (by his own account) & actively
recruit people from outside this community to move to this community to set
up their own particular flavor of a Christian community where they could try
to have a de facto theocracy.

Oh . . . wait . . . I get it!  Wilson & his peculiar revisionism are at it
again!

ROTFLOL!

Dig it!

Saundra Lund