[Vision2020] Marriage and the bible

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:44:26 EST

-------------------------------1077435866

Wayne,

OK here is my incisive analyses of Doug Wilson and the I hate Doug Wilson Fan
Club, AKA Not on the Palouse, Not Ever.

I think it is a violation of Mr. Wilson's and members of Christ Church rights
to speak, act, and practice their First amendment rights.  I may not agree
with about 50%+ of Mr. Wilson's ideals, principles, and opinions on the issues.
I might want him to "go away" or change his mind. But unless Mr. Wilson
violates the law in some way, or threatens the personal safety and rights of others,
he is of little concern to me, and should be to others.

My point is, we all live together in Moscow. I think it wrong to purposely
create an organization that has the purpose of dividing the community rather
than bringing it together. To me this group is a witch hunt against people that
think and believe differently and have a "VISION" different from my own.  It is
what has been done time and time again against many minorities, particularly
gays and lesbians. People should organize, but they should do so to push
issues and unite the community, not attack individuals or bring them down.

Not all members of Christ Church are bad unreasonable people. And there are
far worse things people can be than members of Christ Church. In a phrase, I
think many people are "crossing the line" as to what is acceptable and normal
opposition to a different view. One of those is calling Mr. Wilson, "As immoral
as Osama bin Lauden." This is going to far. I don't even think Mr. Bush is as
bad as Osama.

The whole movement seems to be based more on "self-importance" rather than
the actual threat. People seem to think that Mr. Wilson is "Hitler in the
making" and that if "I" fight to stop him now, then "I" am saving the world, or at
least Moscow. It is this attitude that is more annoying then what Christ Church
does. It seems as though both sides are stroking each others ego's by
spending their time and energy on each other. Both sides think they are saving the
world, when in fact 90% of Moscow doesn't give a rip.

Finally, I think if you really wanted to help people and not boost your own
ego you would concentrate on helping with real problems, not factious ones or
ones that could, might, maybe exist in the future. Here is a list of things
that needed to be done a long time ago in Moscow and Idaho that outweigh Mr.
Wilson's threat. As a matter of fact, you might be able to work WITH Mr. Wilson on
some these things.

1) Funding for the Moscow Homeless Shelter
2) Restoring the quality and quantity of water in Moscow
3) Making Moscow more accessible for the disabled
4) Raising the minimum wage to a livable wage
5) Getting the boards filled in our city council
6) Fighting to get disabled individuals in Idaho more than $550 a month to
live on
7) Affordable Health Care
8) Better funding for schools
9) Bringing good paying jobs into Moscow
10) Getting a Crosswalk across the Moscow Pullman Highway for the students
11) Reducing the cost of child care
12) Restoring the rights of renters
13) Creating a progressive taxation
14) Allowing more people in real need access to food stamps, medical supplies
and medicine, and financial support.
15) Freeing Sami Omar from false imprisonment
16) Reducing housing costs in Moscow which are way to high

I am sure any reasonable person could list even more.

Take Care,
Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1077435866

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Wayne,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>OK here is my incisive analyses of Doug Wilson and the I hate Doug Wils=
on Fan Club, AKA Not on the Palouse, Not Ever.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think it is a violation of Mr. Wilson's and members of Christ Church=20=
rights to speak, act, and practice their First amendment rights. &nbsp;I may=
 not agree with about 50%+ of Mr. Wilson's ideals, principles, and opinions=20=
on the issues. I might want him to "go away" or change his mind. But unless=20=
Mr. Wilson violates the law in some way, or threatens the personal safety an=
d rights of others, he is of little concern to me, and should be to others.<=
/DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My point is, we all live together in Moscow. I think it wrong to purpos=
ely create an organization that has the purpose of&nbsp;dividing the communi=
ty&nbsp;rather than bringing it together.&nbsp;To me this group&nbsp;is a wi=
tch hunt against people that think and believe differently and have a&nbsp;"=
VISION" different from my own. &nbsp;It is what has been done time and time=20=
again against many minorities, particularly gays and lesbians. People should=
 organize, but they should do so to push issues and unite the community, not=
 attack individuals or bring them down. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Not all members of Christ Church are bad unreasonable people. And there=
 are far worse things people can be than members of Christ Church. In a phra=
se, I think many people are "crossing the line" as to what is acceptable and=
 normal opposition to a different view. One of those is calling Mr. Wilson,=20=
"As immoral as Osama bin Lauden." This is going to far. I don't even think M=
r. Bush is as bad as Osama.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The whole movement seems to be based more on "self-importance" rather t=
han the actual threat. People seem to think that Mr. Wilson is "Hitler in th=
e making" and that if "I" fight to stop him now, then "I" am saving the worl=
d, or at least Moscow. It is this attitude that is more annoying then what C=
hrist Church does.&nbsp;It seems as though both sides are stroking&nbsp;each=
 others&nbsp;ego's by spending&nbsp;their time and energy on each other. Bot=
h sides think they are saving the world, when in fact 90% of&nbsp;Moscow doe=
sn't give a rip.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Finally, I think if you really wanted to help people and not boost your=
 own ego you would concentrate on helping with real problems, not factious o=
nes&nbsp;or ones that could, might, maybe exist in the future. Here is a lis=
t of things that needed to be done a long time ago in Moscow and Idaho that=20=
outweigh&nbsp;Mr. Wilson's threat. As a matter of fact, you might be able to=
 work WITH Mr. Wilson on some these things.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1) Funding for the Moscow Homeless Shelter</DIV>
<DIV>2) Restoring the quality and quantity of water in Moscow</DIV>
<DIV>3) Making Moscow more accessible for the disabled</DIV>
<DIV>4) Raising the minimum wage to a livable wage</DIV>
<DIV>5) Getting the boards filled in our city council</DIV>
<DIV>6) Fighting to get disabled individuals in Idaho more than $550 a month=
 to live on</DIV>
<DIV>7) Affordable Health Care</DIV>
<DIV>8) Better funding for schools</DIV>
<DIV>9) Bringing good paying jobs into Moscow</DIV>
<DIV>10) Getting a Crosswalk across the Moscow Pullman Highway for the stude=
nts</DIV>
<DIV>11) Reducing the cost of child care</DIV>
<DIV>12) Restoring the rights of renters</DIV>
<DIV>13) Creating a progressive taxation </DIV>
<DIV>14) Allowing more people in real need access to food stamps, medical su=
pplies and medicine, and financial support.</DIV>
<DIV>15) Freeing Sami Omar from false imprisonment</DIV>
<DIV>16) Reducing housing costs in Moscow which are way to high</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am sure any reasonable person could list even more.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Take Care,</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>