[Vision2020] Dribble de Dabney Do

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:28:36 EST

-------------------------------1077308916

Visionaries:

It is "astonishing" to many of us that the CEO of Wilson, Inc. has learned
nothing from the recent experience of having his *history* of slavery
professionally reviewed.  Not content to let this intellectually humiliating effort mold
away in a dusty corner, he gamely comes out swinging once again. (And by the
way, based on current evidence, he could not have been a contender.)  I am
reminded of the soft-bellied, middle-aged jokers (tying a shoe lace is an Olympic
event for them) who yammer endlessly every Monday morning about intercepted
passes, missed tackles, or the inadequate play calls of the coach or the
quarterback. All of which, their criticism implies, they could have executed
flawlessly. Their sports chatter and he man attitude roughly parallels Wilson's
defense of his  *books* - books that most of us agree are reminiscent of the line
from Macbeth "Tales told by an idiot, full of sound and fury - signifying
nothing." )

The Preacher of Paunch, the PooBah of Prattle, the Pope of Pretensions, (I
award him at least those three titles), is pulling out his tired old game plan
once again, according to a recent Daily News submission. Doug would have us
believe his playing field is cerebral. He has a multimillion dollar contract with
a biblical think tank, was a Fullbright Scholar, and by the way, placed first
for seven years straight in the McArthur Foundation Genius Award competition.
 Instead, think Walter Mitt of the Reformed Right - longing to be Luther but
achieving, well, lets face it, achieving Doug Wilson.

Hold on, all is not lost, I hear a wheeze of a distant pibroch, ah, here come
the Bravefart Boys (the Dougsciples in drag). Dressed in smartly cut
(self-designed tartan) kilts, Tolkeinesque sweater vests, and old school ties, they
schottish onto the sidelines..  Look! They are waving their sporrans and
cheering to encourage Doug in the battle of wits. What good Fellows, what enthusiasm,
what a surprise substitution in the play roster - for a change it's not their
butts on the line. Their twirls and leaps are a little stiff, (the sad result
of long years of the stilted, lock-step toady gait they normally affect) and
I hope we never see them attempt somersaults or the splits, but their chanting
is full of chest and manly:

Dribble de Dabney Do,
Dougie's the man for you
He's a Winner
Lets have Dinner
Dribble de Dabney Do.

In fact, if Doug Wilson hopes to play with the big boys and girls, he had
better come to the playground educationally prepared with some meaningful
credentials in his pocket to back up his *scholarly* claims, and buttress his poorly
constructed defenses.  In the mean time,  just to give him some encouragement,
I'll chant with the Dougsciples,

Go Dougie!!!,  Go, Dougie!!  Go Dougie!, Please Go, Dougie.

Rose Huskey

Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1077308916

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Visionaries:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is&nbsp;"astonishing" to many of us that the CEO of Wilson, Inc. has=
 learned nothing from the recent experience of having his *history* of slave=
ry&nbsp;professionally reviewed.&nbsp; Not content to let&nbsp;this intellec=
tually humiliating&nbsp;effort&nbsp;mold away in a dusty corner, he gamely c=
omes out swinging once again. (And by the way, based on current evidence, he=
 <U>could not</U> have been a contender.)&nbsp; I am reminded of the&nbsp;so=
ft-bellied, middle-aged&nbsp;jokers (tying a shoe lace is an&nbsp;Olympic ev=
ent for them)&nbsp;who yammer endlessly every Monday morning&nbsp;about&nbsp=
;intercepted passes, missed tackles, or the inadequate play calls of the coa=
ch or the quarterback.&nbsp;All of which, their criticism implies, they coul=
d have executed flawlessly.&nbsp;Their sports chatter&nbsp;and he man attitu=
de roughly parallels&nbsp;Wilson's defense of his&nbsp; *books* - books that=
 most of us agree are reminiscent of the line from Macbeth "Tales told by an=
 idiot, full of sound and fury - signifying nothing."&nbsp;)&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Preacher of Paunch, the PooBah of Prattle, the Pope of Pretensions,=
 (I award him at least those&nbsp;three titles), is pulling out&nbsp;his tir=
ed old game plan once again, according to a recent Daily News submission. Do=
ug would have us believe his&nbsp;playing field is cerebral.&nbsp;He has a m=
ultimillion dollar contract with a biblical think tank, was a&nbsp;Fullbrigh=
t&nbsp;Scholar,&nbsp;and by the way,&nbsp;placed first for seven years strai=
ght in the McArthur&nbsp;Foundation Genius Award competition.&nbsp; Instead,=
 think Walter Mitt of the Reformed Right - longing to be Luther but achievin=
g, well, lets face it, achieving Doug Wilson.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hold on,&nbsp;all is not lost, I hear a wheeze of a distant pibroch, ah=
, here come the Bravefart Boys (the Dougsciples in drag). Dressed in smartly=
 cut&nbsp;(self-designed tartan) kilts, Tolkeinesque sweater vests, and old=20=
school ties, they schottish onto the sidelines..&nbsp; Look! They are&nbsp;w=
aving their sporrans and cheering&nbsp;to encourage Doug in the battle of wi=
ts.&nbsp;What good Fellows, what enthusiasm, what&nbsp;a surprise substituti=
on in the play roster -&nbsp;for a change&nbsp;it's not their butts on the l=
ine. Their twirls and leaps are a little stiff, (the sad result of long year=
s of the&nbsp;stilted,&nbsp;lock-step toady gait they normally&nbsp;affect)=20=
and I hope we never see them attempt somersaults or&nbsp;the splits, but the=
ir chanting is full of chest and manly:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dribble de&nbsp;Dabney Do,</DIV>
<DIV>Dougie's the man for you</DIV>
<DIV>He's a Winner</DIV>
<DIV>Lets have Dinner</DIV>
<DIV>Dribble de Dabney Do.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In fact, if Doug Wilson&nbsp;hopes to play with the big boys and girls,=
 he had better come to&nbsp;the playground&nbsp;educationally prepared&nbsp;=
with some&nbsp;meaningful credentials in his pocket&nbsp;to&nbsp;back up his=
 *scholarly* claims, and buttress his&nbsp;poorly constructed&nbsp;defenses.=
&nbsp; In the mean time,&nbsp; just to give him some encouragement, I'll cha=
nt with the Dougsciples,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Go Dougie!!!,&nbsp; Go, Dougie!!&nbsp; Go Dougie!, <STRONG><U>Please Go=
</U></STRONG>, Dougie.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Calligraph421 BT" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" PTS=
IZE=3D"12"><B>Rose Huskey</B><BR></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Calligraph421 BT" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" PTS=
IZE=3D"12"><BR></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Calligraph421 BT" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" PTS=
IZE=3D"12"><B>Rose Huskey</B><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>