[Vision2020] Chickens and Old Bawdy Houses

bill london london@moscow.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:15:44 -0800

--------------070805000100040905040106

T-
we had chickens in Moscow for many years (all hens, no rooster).
Only relevant rule is disturbing the neighbors. (if neighbors do not
complain, it's OK)
The city code, however, does make some animals (pigs at least) illegal
in city.
BL

Tim Lohrmann wrote:

> Folks,
>      There are a  couple of things I've been wanting to ask:
>       1. A friend told me that in Moscow it's perfectly OK to keep
> chickens within the city limits.  True? Is there a limit to tolerated
> bird numbers? How about ducks, geese, guinea hens, goats? Any of those
> OK? What recourse do neighbors have when the noise gets up there?
>
>       2. A "seasoned citizen" friend of mine pointed out a big
> squarish old house on the street that runs behind Rosauer's(but a
> little ways south of Rosauer's) and told me that this house was of the
> "bawdy" nature for many years.  In other words it was a brothel, and
> that it was only shut down in the early '40's.
>          Anyone know if this is true?
>         If so, doesn't it deserve a plaque or something?
>           TL
> Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailtag_us/*http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools?tool=1>
> - Read only the mail you want.

--------------070805000100040905040106

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
T-<br>
we had chickens in Moscow for many years (all hens, no rooster).<br>
Only relevant rule is disturbing the neighbors. (if neighbors do not
complain, it's OK)<br>
The city code, however, does make some animals (pigs at least) illegal
in city.<br>
BL<br>
Tim Lohrmann wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20040218181927.2329.qmail@web10907.mail.yahoo.com">
keep chickens within the city limits.&nbsp; True? Is there a limit to
tolerated bird numbers? How about ducks, geese, guinea hens, goats? Any
of those OK? What recourse do neighbors have when the noise gets up
there?</div>
squarish old house on the street that runs behind Rosauer's(but a
little ways south of Rosauer's) and told me that this house was of the
"bawdy" nature for many years.&nbsp; In other words it was a brothel, and
that it was only shut down in the early '40's.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>
  <hr size="1">Do you Yahoo!?<br>
  <a
 href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailtag_us/*http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools?tool=1">Yahoo!
Mail SpamGuard</a> - Read only the mail you want.

--------------070805000100040905040106--