[Vision2020] Chickens and Old Bawdy Houses

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:58:00 EST

-------------------------------1077134280

Dear Visionaries and Tim:

This gives me another chance to plug a rich source of information for anyone
interested in Moscow and Latah County history.  The Latah County Historical
Society has a large collection of documents and photographs, not to mention the
expertise of Mary Reed and Ann Catt.  I am sure that they could answer this
question for us.  My own understanding, (if I remember correctly since it was
research I did 10 plus years ago) there was a business at the intersection of A
and Jackson (on the north corner if one is facing west on A) that provided
those services.  I don't know how long the enterprise continued, but certainly
around the turn of the 20th century it was flourishing.  As I recall from a
microfilm of an old Moscow newspaper, frequently there were fights, at least one
suicide and a couple of murders connected with the women who worked there and
the men who patronized the place.  However, I must qualify that information
with the note that I was working on another research project at the time and
while this was salacious reading it was not directly connected to my topic, so my
memory of it is not necessarily reliable.  Please contact Ann or Mary and rely
on their information.  I have provided a link to email or just call them.
LCHS is a wonderful asset to our community.
http://users.moscow.com/lchs/about.html

Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1077134280

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Dear Visionaries and Tim:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This gives me another chance to plug a rich source of information for a=
nyone interested in Moscow and Latah County history.&nbsp; The Latah County=20=
Historical Society has a large collection of documents and photographs, not=20=
to mention the expertise of Mary Reed and Ann Catt.&nbsp; I am sure that the=
y could answer this question for us.&nbsp; My own understanding, (if I remem=
ber correctly since&nbsp;it was&nbsp;research I did 10 plus years ago) there=
 was a business at the intersection of A and Jackson (on the&nbsp;north corn=
er if one is facing west on A) that provided those services.&nbsp; I don't k=
now how long the enterprise continued, but certainly around the turn of the=20=
20th century it was flourishing.&nbsp; As I recall from a microfilm of an ol=
d Moscow newspaper, frequently there were fights, at least one suicide and a=
 couple of murders connected with the women who worked there and the men who=
 patronized the place.&nbsp; However, I must qualify that information with t=
he note that I was working on another research project at the time and while=
 this was salacious reading it was not directly connected to my topic, so my=
 memory of it is not necessarily reliable.&nbsp; Please contact Ann or Mary=20=
and rely on their information.&nbsp; I have provided a link to email or just=
 call them.&nbsp; LCHS is a wonderful asset to our community. <A href=3D"htt=
p://users.moscow.com/lchs/about.html">http://users.moscow.com/lchs/about.htm=
l</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3D"Calligraph421 BT" size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" PTS=
IZE=3D"12"><B>Rose Huskey</B><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>