[Vision2020] my phoney degree

ben merkle benmerkle@moscow.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:51:20 -0800

Rose, Wayne and the Visionites,
First, I would like to say to Rose, "tee hee Brutus?"
Rose is close, but not quite there. Let me help. There is no US faculty in
the ETCW. The two Americans who are featured on the webpage are graduates of
the school. American success stories. Not sure where you got the idea that
they were the American faculty, because the webpage is pretty clear about
what they are doing. Your internet research skills make your concerns about
the legitimacy of ETCW kind of quaint. As for my bilocation, I must confess,
much to everyone's surprise, that I am not bi. I live here in Moscow. The
British PhD for theology is usually thesis only. It's not an online PhD.
It's thesis only. That's just how it works with those crazy Brits. Maybe you
should take it up with the Queen, but she might think you're a bit
provincial. I visited last Summer and turned in my first chapter and then
visited Oxford and took four credits to apply to my Masters at UI. In order
to answer your other questions you'll need to tell me what is ECOW? Please
do let me know how the University of Wales at Lampeter responds. If you
don't hear anything, I'll be happy to get some more information for you. I'm
sorry that the University of Wales at Lampeter doesn't meet your high
scruples. They'll be crushed I'm sure. As for Wayne and his concerns about
me being a fake. I confess, I am a phony. I have recently taken to signing
some of my work as Ben Merkle GED. But (I'm surprised that Rose hasn't
googled me on this one) I don't actually have a GED. However, I have
promised myself that if I manage to get my PhD then I will try for a GED.
Man it feels good getting that off my chest.
Dig it,
Ben
PS I really shouldn't take all the credit for the Hate Splotch. I didn't set
the page up. I don't speak computer. A friend put it together. I have
written some of the text, but a number of other characters have contributed
as well. It is very much a grass roots kind of thing.