[Vision2020] Voting and Protesting: History's Lessons?

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:29:58 EST

-------------------------------1076545798

In a message dated 2/11/2004 4:23:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
thansen@moscow.com writes:
I believe that there are a couple states that are already using this system.
Nope none of them do. Oklahoma and Maine use a Congressional district system.
Not that this has ever mattered because they all vote the same way anyway.

I do like the district system better than the state as a whole. But this too
can be rigged by drawing the congressional lines like they are doing in Texas
to overly favor one candidates and in some cases even give the minority the
majority of the electoral votes.

Just switch the system so the popular vote elects the President. Period. I
think my vote and everyone elses' should count the same.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1076545798

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 2/11/2004 4:23:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, thansen@=
moscow.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>I believe that there are a couple states that=20=
are already using this system.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Nope none of them do. Oklahoma and Maine use&nbsp;a Congressional distr=
ict system. Not that this has ever mattered because they all vote the same w=
ay anyway.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I do like the district system better than the state as a whole. But thi=
s too can be rigged by drawing the congressional lines like they are doing i=
n Texas to overly favor one candidates and in some cases even give the minor=
ity the majority of the electoral votes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just switch the system so the popular vote elects the President. Period=
. I think my vote and everyone elses' should count the same.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>