[Vision2020] I'm sick of hearing people being sick of the controversy

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:15:08 EST

-------------------------------1076537708

In a message dated 2/11/2004 8:07:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ande1022@uidaho.edu writes:
In conclusion, I encourage you to read Mark Potok's speech, and spend some
time googling terms like "christian reconstructionism" "theonomy" or
"theocracy".  Read Southern Slavery As it Was,
Nope,

I got better things to do than to spend time and/or money getting to know
Wilson and his views, I am happy with mine as are 95% of the people in Moscow.

You are promoting to people to read his book? I would not even know his book
existed if it were not for the people against Wilson. I think advertising
alternative forms of religion or philosophy is exactly what many young college
students are looking for. You advertising of the organization only does two
things. One, it raises attention to young college students in here trying to find
themselves. Two, it sells more books for Mr. Wilson funding his ideology.

Listen, people that live in this town know of Mr. Wilson, and the majority
just avoid and ignore him. You are just giving more attention to this man than
is needed and are making sound like he is a huge group of mainstream Moscow
citizens. This hurts Moscow. Moscow is not going to become a conservative town.
It is educated and we don't need people like you telling us how to think, act,
or behave, anymore than we need Mr. Wilson telling us how to think.

I would move my efforts to fighting discrimination against gays and lesbians,
women, religious and ethnic minorities, the disabled, and the elderly. I
would also be fighting for better public education, fair taxation (not over taxing
the poor), more help for the poor, and freeing innocent Muslims and Middle
Easterners, like Sami, from unjust imprisonment. These are things that make a
difference in people's lives.

This would go directly against most of the things that Mr. Wilson is doing
and not give attention to Mr. Wilson. It would unarm him, not arm him like you
are doing.

Mr. Wilson is playing you like a drum, and you don't even know it. You should
set the agenda. Instead, Mr. Wilson is setting the agenda and you are
reacting to him. Thus, he has control over what you do. For someone that doesn't like
Mr. Wilson, you are just as much a follower of him. You follow his every lead.

With Respect,

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1076537708

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 2/11/2004 8:07:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, ande1022=
@uidaho.edu writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>In conclusion, I encourage you to read Mark Po=
tok's speech, and spend some time googling terms like "christian reconstruct=
ionism" "theonomy" or "theocracy".&nbsp; Read Southern Slavery As it Was, </=
FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Nope,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I got better things to do than to spend time and/or money getting to kn=
ow Wilson and his views, I am happy with mine as are 95% of the people in Mo=
scow. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You are promoting to people to read his book? I would not even know his=
 book existed if it were not for the people against Wilson. I think advertis=
ing alternative forms of religion or philosophy is exactly what many young c=
ollege students are looking for. You advertising of the organization only do=
es two things. One, it raises attention to young college students in here tr=
ying to find themselves. Two, it sells more books for Mr. Wilson funding his=
 ideology.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Listen, people that live in this town know of Mr. Wilson, and the major=
ity just avoid and ignore him. You are just giving more attention to this ma=
n than is needed and are making sound like he is a huge group of mainstream=20=
Moscow citizens. This hurts Moscow. Moscow is not going to become a conserva=
tive town. It is educated and we don't need people like you telling us how t=
o think, act, or behave, anymore than we need Mr. Wilson telling us how to t=
hink. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would move my efforts to fighting discrimination against gays and les=
bians,&nbsp;women, religious and ethnic minorities, the disabled, and the el=
derly. I would also be fighting for better public education, fair taxation (=
not over taxing the poor), more help for the poor, and freeing innocent Musl=
ims and Middle Easterners, like Sami, from unjust imprisonment. These are th=
ings that make a difference in people's lives.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This would go directly against&nbsp;most&nbsp;of the things that Mr. Wi=
lson is doing and not give attention to Mr. Wilson. It would unarm him, not=20=
arm him like you are doing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mr. Wilson is playing you like a drum, and you don't even know it. You=20=
should set the agenda. Instead, Mr. Wilson is setting the agenda and you are=
 reacting to him. Thus, he has control over what you do. For someone that do=
esn't like Mr. Wilson, you are just as much a follower of him. You follow hi=
s every lead.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With Respect,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>