[Vision2020] check out the park

bill london london@moscow.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:40:25 -0800

Yesterday afternoon, I visited Berman Creekside Park (off Styner Avenue).

The paved pathway is plowed clear of snow.  Paradise Creek is flowing.
The new information stations are in place.  New cement artwork is
scattered around the site.  The wonderful picnic shelter is a functional
work of art itself, made with joined timbers milled from city trees like
maple and locust.  And the newest addition is the beautiful fireplace
adjacent to the picnic shelter.

The sun was shining, and though it was brisk enough, the pathway through
that park was really delightful.  My congratulations to the city parks
people and the entire community for creating such a great place.

BL