[Vision2020] Top Ten Reasons for Going to War With Iraq

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 07:29:07 -0800

George W. Bush says, quote, "there's no doubt in my mind" that he did the
right thing in invading Iraq.  Am I the only one that finds those words
coming from his mouth somewhat less than compelling?

            Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen@moscow.com>
>To: "Vision2020" <vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: [Vision2020] Top Ten Reasons for Going to War With Iraq
>Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:38:37 -0800
>
>Greetings Visionaires -
>
>With a special thanks to Carl Weik of Coeur d'Alene who may not be a
>subscriber to this listserve but submitted the following to the Spokesman
>Review Letters section.

>So what if we now know that we were totally misled and there really were no
>WMDs ini Iraq, there were plenty of other "good" reasons to go to war.  As
>Dave Letterman would say, here are the top 10 reasons:
>
>10)  Americans needed relief from reality TV.
>
>9)  Saddam tried to kill Dubya's daddy.
>
>8)  With Iraqi oil under our control, SUV manufacturers won't have to worry
>about increasing vehicular gas mileage.
>
>7)  It took our minds off of the $500 billion deficit.
>
>6)  It gave Bush practice learning how to pronounce the word "nuclear".
>
>5)  Our troops needed the practice for Iran, Syria, North Korea, Cuba, etc.
>
>4)  The war united the countries in the Arab world (against us).
>
>3)  Having been AWOL from the Air National Guard, it finally gave Bush the
>chance to wear a military jump suit.
>
>2)  In their weekly meeting, Gold told Bush to do it.
>
>And the No. 1 reason for going to war with Iraq . . .
>
>1)  It was Clinton's fault.

>Take care,
>
>Tom Hansen
>Intolerista to the Stars

>"When people sin, everybody has to pay."
>
>- Pastor Douglas Wilson, Christ Church (June 7, 2002)

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here.
http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx