[Vision2020] Top Ten Reasons for Going to War With Iraq

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:38:37 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

With a special thanks to Carl Weik of Coeur d'Alene who may not be a
subscriber to this listserve but submitted the following to the Spokesman
Review Letters section.

So what if we now know that we were totally misled and there really were no
WMDs ini Iraq, there were plenty of other "good" reasons to go to war.  As
Dave Letterman would say, here are the top 10 reasons:

10)  Americans needed relief from reality TV.

9)  Saddam tried to kill Dubya's daddy.

8)  With Iraqi oil under our control, SUV manufacturers won't have to worry
about increasing vehicular gas mileage.

7)  It took our minds off of the $500 billion deficit.

6)  It gave Bush practice learning how to pronounce the word "nuclear".

5)  Our troops needed the practice for Iran, Syria, North Korea, Cuba, etc.

4)  The war united the countries in the Arab world (against us).

3)  Having been AWOL from the Air National Guard, it finally gave Bush the
chance to wear a military jump suit.

2)  In their weekly meeting, Gold told Bush to do it.

And the No. 1 reason for going to war with Iraq . . .

1)  It was Clinton's fault.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Intolerista to the Stars

"When people sin, everybody has to pay."

- Pastor Douglas Wilson, Christ Church (June 7, 2002)