[Vision2020] I am really sick of hearing about Mr. Wilson

Warren Hayman DonovArn@aol.com
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:12:28 -0800

--------------010609080908010409080106

Mr. Arnold (and others):

I find myself somewhat baffled and perplexed by your missive. On the one
hand, I agree that discourse concerning religion, morality and CC has
been a topic du jour for quite a few jours by now. On the other, I have
noted your active participation in such. Indeed, at times, a poster boy
of said postings. Hence my confusion. I also assume your familiarity
with the delete key.

Mr. Carscallen has a point. Members of V2020 do not constitute a
majority of the residents of Moscow/Pullman. The same is true for CC.
The same is true for subscribers of the DN and LMT. Certainly the same
is true for posters and letter writers of any of the above groups (only
a fraction participate in public utterance), and all others I have
missed, including the Amalgamated Ice Anglers of the Greater Palouse
Region. But there seems to be public interest, concern and coverage from
all here, which would tend to validate the topic as a current community
concern.

"The freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins." Wish I had
said that first. Let folks swing freely in the Logos gym. When the
ideological fisticuffs start flying at City Hall, my nose begins to
smart, and my head begins to ring. Rather like the first bell of a
knockdown count. Rather like a nudity ordinance. If the final bell
portends a theocratic dictatorship of evangelistas, no thank you.

Warren Hayman

Dan Carscallen wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Majority?  I don't know about that.  Maybe the majority of those you
> hang with, but the people I spend my time with don't worry too much
> about Mr. Wilson.
>
> again, to each his own.
>
> DC

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I find myself somewhat baffled and perplexed by your missive. On the
one hand, I agree that discourse concerning religion, morality and CC
has been a topic du jour for quite a few jours by now. On the other, I
have noted your active participation in such. Indeed, at times, a
poster boy of said postings. Hence my confusion. I also assume your
familiarity with the delete key.<br>
Mr. Carscallen has a point. Members of V2020 do not constitute a
majority of the residents of
Moscow/Pullman. The same is true for CC. The same is true for
subscribers of the DN and LMT. Certainly the same is true for posters
and letter writers of any of the above groups (only a fraction
participate in public utterance), and all others I have missed,
including the Amalgamated Ice Anglers of the Greater Palouse Region.
But there seems to be public interest, concern and coverage from all
here, which would tend to validate the topic as a current community
concern.<br>
"The freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins." Wish I had
said that first. Let folks swing freely in the Logos gym. When the
ideological fisticuffs start flying at City Hall, my nose begins to
smart, and my head begins to ring. Rather like the first bell of a
knockdown count. Rather like a nudity ordinance. If the final bell
portends a theocratic dictatorship of evangelistas, no thank you.<br>
Warren Hayman<br>
Dan Carscallen wrote:<br>
 cite="mid00d201c3ed22$ceb75c20$3bb57e40@0019522361">
know about that.&nbsp; Maybe the majority of those you hang with, but the
people I spend my time with don't worry too much about Mr. Wilson.&nbsp; </font></div>
own.&nbsp; </font></div>
 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;">-----