[Vision2020] Fred Phelps' recording available

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:40:24 EST

-------------------------------1075664424

Dear Garrett,
We don't have to go as far a field as that rat Fred Phelps to see a hateful=20
account of God's wrath on this nation.  Doug Wilson addressed this issue in=20
Credenda Agenda Vol, 13, Issue 4, Thema=20
<http://www.credenda.org/issues/index.php?issue=3D13-4>  which reads in part=
:

"God is not mocked," we are told in Scripture, "whatever a man sows, that=20
shall he also reap." Americans think that this law has somehow been exempted=
 in=20
our case; we are somehow different because we are a pluralistic nation. It=20
doesn't matter what you sow here. You can plow the field and sow whatever yo=
u=20
please, whether grain, thistles, barley, or morning glory, and it's all goin=
g to=20
come up the same=E2=80=94American pluralism. No, we have embraced a lie, and=
 we have=20
mocked God. And because we have mocked God, we must learn how to repent of=20
mocking God.=20
The day of infamy was September 11, and many have told us that it will take=20
its bloody place next to December 7. And it was a day of infamy, but that sa=
me=20
week contained another infamy, far worse in nature, and far more damaging in=
=20
that it was not recognized. That day was the Day of Prayer and Remembrance o=
n=20
the following Friday, September 14, when America, in the aftermath of a=20
devasting judgment from the living God, convened a polytheistic worship serv=
ice in=20
the National Cathedral, now better called the National Pantheon, and called=20=
upon=20
her gods=E2=80=94gods that cannot hear and cannot save. But this idolatrous=20=
service=20
showed us at least one good thing=E2=80=94it demonstrates beyond any reasona=
ble=20
objection that the root of our disease is in our worship."

Those of us who are philosophically opposed to Doug Wilson find ourselves in=
=20
that position in large part because of Wilson's theocratic agenda.  The quot=
e=20
above should be enough for  decent folks in this community to begin to squir=
m.=20
 Is this the philosophy you think should nestle into our community? Our=20
concerns have absolutely nothing to do with our  "intolerance," Doug Wilson=20=
and his=20
like-minded sidekicks have unabashedly staked a claim in that department.

Rose Huskey=20

-------------------------------1075664424

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Dear Garrett,</DIV>
<DIV>We don't have to go as far a field as that rat Fred Phelps to see a hat=
eful account of God's wrath on this nation.&nbsp; Doug Wilson addressed this=
 issue in Credenda Agenda Vol, 13, Issue 4, Thema &lt;<A href=3D"http://www.=
credenda.org/issues/index.php?issue=3D13-4">http://www.credenda.org/issues/i=
ndex.php?issue=3D13-4</A>&gt;&nbsp; which reads in part:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"<I>God is not mocked</I>," we are told in Scripture, "whatever a man s=
ows, <I>that </I>shall he also reap." Americans think that this law has some=
how been exempted in our case; we are somehow different because we are a plu=
ralistic nation. It doesn't matter what you sow <I>here</I>. You can plow th=
e field and sow whatever you please, whether grain, thistles, barley, or mor=
ning glory, and it's all going to come up the same=E2=80=94American pluralis=
m. No, we have embraced a lie, and we have mocked God. And because we have m=
ocked God, we must learn how to repent of mocking God.=20
<DIV class=3Dindent><SPACER type=3D"block" width=3D"18">The day of infamy wa=
s September 11, and many have told us that it will take its bloody place nex=
t to December 7. And it <I>was </I>a day of infamy, but that same week conta=
ined another infamy, far worse in nature, and far more damaging in that it w=
as not recognized. That day was the Day of Prayer and Remembrance on the fol=
lowing Friday, September 14, when America, in the aftermath of a devasting j=
udgment from the living God, convened a polytheistic worship service in the=20=
National Cathedral, now better called the National Pantheon, and called upon=
 her gods=E2=80=94gods that cannot hear and cannot save. But this idolatrous=
 service showed us at least one good thing=E2=80=94it demonstrates beyond an=
y reasonable objection that the root of our disease is in our worship."</DIV=

<DIV class=3Dindent>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dindent>Those of us who are&nbsp;philosophically opposed to Doug=
 Wilson find ourselves in that position in large part because of Wilson's th=
eocratic agenda.&nbsp; The&nbsp;quote above should be enough for&nbsp; decen=
t folks in this community to begin to squirm.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is this the philoso=
phy you think should nestle&nbsp;into our community? Our concerns have absol=
utely nothing to do with our &nbsp;"intolerance," Doug Wilson&nbsp;and his l=
ike-minded sidekicks have unabashedly staked a claim in that department.</DI=

<DIV class=3Dindent>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dindent>Rose Huskey&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dindent>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>