[Vision2020] as a whole...

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:30:30 EST

--part1_75.21ad5b65.2d4da2a6_boundary

Mark wrote:

"Even in all it's initially venomous
intent, good can be derived from bigotry, slavery, intolerance, deceit and
V2020, if there is effort applied in that direction."

V2020 has "initially venomous intent?"  Maybe you did not mean this.

Really though, considering that tens of thousands of people have been injured
or killed in wars that the US has recently been conducting for US citizens
who pay the taxes for the bombs and bombers, etc., doing the slaughter, our
cultural and value disagreements in Moscow are a tea party in a pleasant summer
meadow with a few polite arguments, though a few drinking spiked tea broke a tea
set or two.

Is it possible the mentality of war that our whole nation is expected to buy
into is infecting and impacting the psychology of how we see each other here
in Moscow?  Can we in Moscow really insulate ourselves from the death and
injury and pain of tens of thousands, from the hatreds and passions involved in our
war on terror?

Yeah, I know, let's not think about it too vividly or empathetically.

But comparing what can happen in intense cultural/religious conflicts makes
the cultural wars in Moscow seem mild and peaceful, really, and hopefully it
will stay that way.  I think some people are over dramatizing the conflicts in
our little hamlet, not that there are not real issues involved that require
confrontation.

Ted

--part1_75.21ad5b65.2d4da2a6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Mark wrote:
<BR>
<BR>"Even in all it's initially venomous
<BR>intent, good can be derived from bigotry, slavery, intolerance, deceit a=
nd
<BR>V2020, if there is effort applied in that direction."
<BR>
<BR>V2020 has "initially venomous intent?" &nbsp;Maybe you did not mean this=
.
<BR>
<BR>Really though, considering that tens of thousands of people have been in=
jured or killed in wars that the US has recently been conducting for US citi=
zens who pay the taxes for the bombs and bombers, etc., doing the slaughter,=
 our cultural and value disagreements in Moscow are a tea party in a pleasan=
t summer meadow with a few polite arguments, though a few drinking spiked te=
a broke a tea set or two.
<BR>
<BR>Is it possible the mentality of war that our whole nation is expected to=
 buy into is infecting and impacting the psychology of how we see each other=
 here in Moscow? &nbsp;Can we in Moscow really insulate ourselves from the d=
eath and injury and pain of tens of thousands, from the hatreds and passions=
 involved in our war on terror?
<BR>
<BR>Yeah, I know, let's not think about it too vividly or empathetically. &n=
bsp;
<BR>
<BR>But comparing what can happen in intense cultural/religious conflicts ma=
kes the cultural wars in Moscow seem mild and peaceful, really, and hopefull=
y it will stay that way. &nbsp;I think some people are over dramatizing the=20=
conflicts in our little hamlet, not that there are not real issues involved=20=
that require confrontation.
<BR>
<BR>Ted
<BR>