[Vision2020] Charitable Contributions are NOT a Party-line Thing

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 23:59:34 PST 2004

Once again, St. Tom Hansen reads things that I didn't write and argues
against statements I never made; I suppose this is easier than actually
addressing the issues that I bring up. This is demonstrated when his
holiness stated, "I realize that many of you (pronounced "Donovan Arnold")
will attempt to quantify charitable donations along party lines."

First, St. Hansen, where did I say that charity is a party thing? I never
did now did I? I said that Bush was not giving enough of the US wealth to
Asia in proportion to the problem. Many others agree.

Second, it is a well documented fact that Republicans give far more money to
charity than do Democrats. It also happens that Republicans have more money
to give.

Third, I am not evaluating every country and person by what they give. I am
evaluating my OWN country. I have the right to judge and petition my
government for redress of my grievances, which in this case is that the US
was not sufficiently addressing the crisis in Asia. I also have the right to
voice my opinion on the issue; a right which you seem to exercise in
constant excess.

St. Hansen babbles on, "I am certain that those in need appreciate every
effort made, regardless of where that effort originated."

I too am certain that those that received aid are appreciative of any aid
that they can get regardless of the source, in most cases; however, this
again, was not something I argued against. They will also be appreciative of
that fact that millions of Americans and millions of others put the fire to
Bush's butt and he has been convinced to give ten times the original amount
of $35 million.

If we would have followed St. Hansen’s plan, instead of that of many others,
the children would have $315 million less?

Take care and Happy New Year,

Donovan J Arnold