[Vision2020] The Divinity of Christ

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Dec 28 19:45:19 PST 2004

Still on vacation but able to enjoy the exchange, this self-identified
evangelical wades in . . .

I believe in the Trinity (which, by definition, includes the divinity of
Jesus Christ), the virgin birth, the atonement, the resurrection, the
veracity of Scripture in the original manuscripts and translated with a
context-respecting hermeneutic, the personal return of Christ at some point
unknown to me and to Tim LaHaye, and the transforming power of the gospel.
I can recite the Nicene Creed with gusto and with confidence.  That makes me
a minority on this list, which doesn't hurt my feelings and doesn't seem to
bother my many friends who disagree with me on every single point above.
Nonetheless, I understand that there are some Lurking Kirkers who doubt that
I truly believe, and so I gladly testify that I do:  I worship Jesus Christ
as my Lord and Savior by his word and his grace, and in him I live and move
and have my being, as it says in Acts.

And I voted enthusiastically for John Kerry.

Go figure.  Or don't.  But it seems disingenious for me to sit this one out,
if only because of the concern for my Christian walk that seems to be
bubbling through the Amen corner of Vision 2020.

Looking forward to seeing Royal City again real soon,

keely emerine mix