[Vision2020] Merry Christmas

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Dec 19 11:35:07 PST 2004

Keely wrote:

"No one who worships Christ as Lord believes him to be just an especially
enlightened philosopher, and those who don't worship him don't care."

Actually, I the moral/ethical statements of Christ, as we understand them to
be, are important to many people who do not worship Christ, depending on what
you mean by
"worship."  Christ is regarded as a very important and enlightened person
and/or prophet, even by other religions, Islam among them, who do not "worship"
him in the sense I think Keely means.  And many non-theistic ethical thinkers
regard Christ's ethical approach as expressing in some respects a very high
level of ethical development.

Ted Moffett