[Vision2020] Rural wireless?

Thomas Saylor tsaylor at tds.net
Mon Dec 13 18:04:51 PST 2004

With the scrutiny accorded this list, I'm surprised there hasn't been more
interest in Mr. Moore's statement of 12/10, which in part said:

First Step is now nearing completion of a redundant ring of wireless access
points that will finally bring high-speed internet access to the digitally
disadvantaged of rural Latah, Whitman, Nez Perce and Asotin counties at a
cost to First Step in excess of $500,000.00.

As one of the aforementioned "digitally disadvantaged" (please, no finger
jokes), I'm intrigued with the possibility of joining the 21st century
without moving to the big city.

Dialing in from the hinterlands,

Tom Saylor