[Vision2020] V2020 Problems and Moore

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:59:45 PST 2004

Ms. Jones, Mr. Moore, Mr. Fox, et al. ,

I firmly believe that customers, even ones that don't like the content of
V2020, benefit from V2020 because it spreads their name and increases their
customer base. Having a large customer base allows FSI to have lower prices,
and donate to the community. I doubt very much that Ms. Jones doesn't use or
benefit, directly or indirectly, from one or more of the community programs
that FSI sponsors. Even if she isolated herself from any positive impact
those community programs provide, she certainly is benefiting from the
savings of lower costs.

I must admit that I am not a customer of FSI because they don't provide the
services that I need. However, I do support them, and have helped people get
internet service that didn't have any before through them, because they are
good for basic dial-up service and their customer support is awesome. I also
want to keep local dollars in the community and HATE Earthlink and AOL.
Those companies are pure evil.

As to Mr. Moore's comments, I agree with him wanting to defend the company.
However, I didn't interpret Mr. Fox's comments to be attacking V2020 or FSI.
I think Mr. Fox had some difficulties with online wireless service. Big
deal, there is not one company I have been to on a regular basis that didn't
have at some point bad service one day. That is just the way things are. The
question is what the company does about it, and how often it occurs.  I just
think Mr. Fox had a bad time with a computer and was looking to put the
blame somewhere. We all do that.

Bottom-line, I think Mr. Moore got a little to much on the defensive, and
that Mr. Fox shouldn't be so hard on a good company like FSI. I also think
that people need to get off Mr. Fox's back, he wasn't attacking V2020 and
many of you are acting like he did.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold