[Vision2020] Southern Slavery As It Was(n't)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 12 12:54:39 PST 2004

Rose Huskey <DonaldH675 at aol.com> wrote:
"Moscow need not be embarrassed that Doug Wilson and his deluded followers live
in this area.  But if we foolishly indulge in misguided intellectual generosity
by ignoring him or pretending that this is an issue of religious freedom, we are
giving him legitimacy that he not only does not deserve but that damages the
reputation of our community."

For me, that is the crux of this particular plague.  For years, I bit my tongue
and said/did nothing about the outrageous goings-on within that group, all in
the name of religious tolerance & freedom.

But, there *is* a world of difference between religious beliefs & freedom *and*
wanting the teeth of the law to enforce any particular belief system, religious
or not.  Once any group of any particular religious flavor wants the power of
"secular" law to force *others* who don't share those beliefs to adhere to those
beliefs, I believe we all have the right -- the *obligation*  -- to speak out to
ensure that freedom of religion for *all* is preserved.

Thanks again, Rose, for so clearly reminding us of this important fact.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke