[Vision2020] V2020 Problems

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 11:45:48 PST 2004

All:

While I am not a First Step customer, I once went into the First Step office
with a technical question.  I was escorted into the inner sanctum, where a
friendly and knowledgeable First Step employee explained the issues I raised
while he engaged in his wizardry examining code on a computer.  They were very
friendly and knowledgeable, especially considering I was not a customer.

I have also found the folks at Cactus to be very friendly and helpful, again,
even though I am not a Cactus Internet customer.

Using the First Step sponsored V2020 free list serve to make public First
Step technical problems might be considered "biting the hand that feeds you."

On the other hand, V2020 might be a wise business move for First Step to
advertise their service and improve their image in the community, so perhaps V2020
is not as altruistic an endeavor as some might think.

If First Step pulled the plug on V2020, however, residents of the Palouse
could start their own list serve for the communities involved via other web sites
who offer this service free of charge, if I have my facts correct, though
this might mean seeing advertising.

Is this true, or am I mistaken?

Ted Moffett