[Vision2020] The Wise Men were going the wrong way!

webmistress webmistress at elly-ah.net
Wed Dec 8 15:18:12 PST 2004

That's interesting.  The kids' school (yes school) nativity concert would have
us believe it was a 'very hopeless camel' what got the Wise Men to the holy
barn.  Scotland is a surreal place.

Speaking of the UK and the nativity, have any of you seen:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/12/08/beckhams.nativity.reut/index.html ?
I love the UK; the religious outcry from the national church goes something
like this:

"A spokesman for Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, spiritual
leader of 70 million Anglicans worldwide, reacted with weary resignation to the
"Posh and Becks" tableau.

"There is a tradition of each generation trying to re-interpret the Nativity
but, oh dear ...," he said."

I'll enjoy the blase Anglicans while I've got
them, since apparently Southern Baptist Convention-style churches are on the war
path here as well.

First post, hope this goes to the right place, instead of, you know, the wrong
place.

Lanna Rosgen
~~~~
don't mind me, just homesick as hell