[Vision2020] medical marijuana is already here

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Sun Dec 5 15:09:16 PST 2004

All,
The whole question of marijuana for medical use seems irrelevant to me.
There already is medical marijuana available (and it has been available for
at least 7 years) in the form of an FDA approved drug. See:
http://www.marinol.com/pdfs/MARINOLPI.pdf. The question of whether smoking
marijuana should be legal or not is an entirely different question. It makes
no sense at all to me to allow people to use a product that is erratic,
unproven, unstandardized, might be adulterated, or might be of questionable
purity or potency and that has not been subject to FDA oversight during its
manufacturing. When treating a real medical problem, using a drug of
questionable quality would be dangerous and stupid.

Jim Meyer, RPh