[Vision2020] Reading

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Wed Dec 1 10:20:46 PST 2004

I my reading this week I have come across this ad for David Horowitz's new
book 'Unholy Alliance'. I think I will have to get this book and read it
fully. What this small portion says is just what I have been aware of for
some time. It is not what I have heard from some on this site who want to
explain away the actions of the Palestinian terrorists as human rights
activities justified and acceptable. All the actions in the middle east by
Arabs are a program to kill all Jews. Nothing else will satisfy them. We can
hope and pray that a new leader will change things but if grandmothers and
mothers still train their children that blowing up Jews is the way to heaven
there will be no peace as an absence of war anywhere in the world. We must
as a country be aware that if we back away from Israel all of them will die.
And we will have had a responsibility in all the death.

"ISRAEL IS THE CANARY IN THE MINE

The war between Arabs and Jews is not the cause of the war on terror, as
apologists for Muslim radicals claim; it is the war on terror.

Twenty-five years ago, there were two non-Islamic democracies in the Middle
East: Israel and Lebanon. This was too much for Islamic radicals, Syrian
irredentists and Palestinians who joined forces to destroy Lebanon and make
it a base for terror.

The goal of the post-Oslo Intifada is not to establish a Palestinian state
alongside a Jewish state. Its goal is an Islamic umma extending "from the
Jordan to the sea." That is why Oslo was rejected by Arafat even though
Barak and Clinton offered him an independent state on virtually all of the
land Palestinians claimed in the West Bank of the Jordan and Gaza. That is
why the very birth of Israel is referred to by all the present Palestinian
leadership as the "Naqba" - the "catastrophe." To Islamic radicals at war
with the West, the very creation of Israel is a catastrophe.

American apologists for Arab aggression are also apologists for Islamic
aggression. In their eyes, Arab terror in the Middle East has a root cause
in the policies of Israel, whom terrorists refer to as the "little Satan."
For apologists of the Islamic terror of 9/11 and the Zarqawi terror in Iraq,
jihad is not a self-generating creed but has a "root cause" in the policies
of "the Great Satan," which is us.

Peace in the Middle East and peace in the war with al-Qaeda and Zarqawi will
come only when the terrorists surrender or are defeated, and when Arab
governments cease their incitement of hatred against Israel and the United
States.

David Horowitz"

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
Helen Keller