[Vision2020] Re: Earlier question

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Tue Aug 31 17:40:45 PDT 2004

Ted, et al,

Ted complains:

"To those interested in real dialogue personal attacks are not becoming, and as
you may know, violate a very basic rule of logical discussion: Ad Hominem."

Ad Hominem fallacies are a form of fallacy subsumed under the category Genetic
Fallacies.  Neither Ad Hominen arguments or the more general Genetic arguments
are always fallacious;  whether they are or not depends on the specific argument
and the attendant facts.

Ted, to begin to understand this distinction you might start by reading the
following primer: Logic, by Wesley Salmon.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com