[Vision2020] Mocking Free Speech

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 16:23:29 PDT 2004

Joan et. al.

I wonder, if McMillan thinks V2020 is not up to her standards, why does she not post some of her supreme enlightenment to the list?

I looked for a V2020 post from her, yet did not find one.  Did I miss something?

As we all know, V2020 is a pure experiment in free speech, and this voice of Democracy will make a rude, raucous and contentious noise, as we should expect.  Those who expect public Democratic speech to be a well managed and polite affair are elitist, expressing a view of speech that stifles free expression.

I would love to witness a debate between McMillan and one of the numerous highly intelligent and skilled thinkers and writers who post to V2020, about her judgment of V2020.

Many of the V2020 participants do their homework, presenting very well thought out arguments based on an honest attempt at accurate fact gathering.  And anyone posting knows they may be called upon to defend their positions.  This actually leads V2020 to have a more self correcting and BS filtering result than what appears in the pages of many newspapers and televised news outlets in the so called "legitimate" media.

I'd love for "conservatives" to make their arguments on V2020.  Is the fact they very often don't an expression of a suspicion their arguments will not stand up to critical scrutiny on a public list serve with numerous well educated and active members?

Ted Moffett