[Vision2020] Chamber President and FirstBank

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Thu Aug 26 06:50:24 PDT 2004

This is exactly the kind of stuff McMillan is railing against.  People
on Vision2020 going off half-cocked without getting all the facts.  I'm
guilty of it as well, but I, like Ms. Opyr (I still like Opry, sounds
Nashville-a-rific), am an admitted smartass (okay, maybe she didn't use
those words exactly).

Does anyone here know exactly what is in their checking account?  If
David Johnson of the Tribune called you RIGHT NOW for a phone interview,
could you tell him, down to the penny, how much you have?  No, because
while you know what your register says, you don't know which checks have
cleared and whether your direct deposits have been posted yet.  But,
that's neither here nor there.

Maybe Mr. Arnold has had trouble in the past with FirstBank, but has he
approached bank personnel on those issues?  I don’t know.  But, to fly
off the handle and cancel all your accounts with a bank because you
don't like what someone said about a piddly Internet ListServ?  Well, to
each his own, I guess.  Heck, if I pulled the pin on every business that
may have said something in passing about any of my hobbies, I'd have
lots of pins to pull.  Maybe if the people of Vision 2020 got to know
some of the people they are railing against, Moscow could be a better
place.

Nah, we couldn’t do something as silly as that.

Besides, maybe she was talking about me!

DC