[Vision2020] LMT 8/25/04 Moscow Chamber Rumors Denied

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:09:52 PDT 2004

>From David Johnson's "Moscow Chamber Rumors Denied," in the LMT 8/25/04:

>The developments come at a time when Moscow was reported on the local
>Vision 2020 Internet bulletin board as a recent addition to the Southern
>Poverty Law Center's hatewatch list.  Spokesmen for the center in
>Alabama, however, denied the report.

>"We're on a lot of lists,"  said Kimmell, "but good ones."

There are two errors at work here; the first is mine.  I said that we were on the Southern Poverty Law Center's watch list.  I did not say that we were on the Hatewatch List; what I meant was that they rightfully had their beady eye upon us.  Nevertheless, I was imprecise when I clearly should have been specific, and for that, I apologize.  A cursory search of the SPLC's website pulls up three articles about Moscow; all are about the controversy over Doug's pamphlet, "Southern Slavery As It Was."  One is entitled "Taliban on the Palouse?" http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=376.

I apologize for my imprecision and any confusion or consternation that it caused, but I take issue with Paul's hair-splitting over this and his subsequent claim that "we're on a lot of lists, all good ones."  "Taliban on the Palouse" would not top the column of anyone's good list.  It's a sorry descriptor and one that we would do well to lose.  Choosing Robert E. Lee as the Chamber of Commerce leadership model is not likely to help us erase that now, is it?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment      Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com