[Vision2020] Re: Memo to Commissioner Kimmell

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Tue Aug 24 11:19:44 PDT 2004

Always an interesting option given Latah County's
unique status (to my knowledge) as the only
county in the country established by an Act of
Congress. As I understand it, the county's
borders were set by Congress as part of the
establishment of the bordering Indian
reservations at a time when there were only a few
geographically vast counties in Idaho and the
reservations would have made existing
jurisdictional lines impractical.

North Idaho, A State of Mind

Mark Solomon