[Vision2020] Re: Memo to Commissioner Kimmell

Sara Anderson ande1022 at uidaho.edu
Tue Aug 24 08:55:12 PDT 2004

Ted,

There are things to be learned by losing.  However, in general, what one learns by losing is how to lose.  Robert E. Lee did not lose a softball game, he lost a war in which he was defending the practice of slavery.  Not only that, but Kimmel is not giving this presentation in a vacuum.  He's an elder of a church whose leadership has praised the condition of slavery in the south.  Then consider the "friends" of Christ Church including Grant and Wilkins...etc.

It's not illegal, but neither is Extreme Makeover.  Both are bothersome to me.  It creeps me out that Moscow leadership is espousing the harmful ideas that come from Christ Church.  If you're fine with it, well, that creeps me out too.  And, again, it's legal for you to give me the heebie jeebies, but it's downright annoying when you play naive.

Sincerely,
Sara Anderson